Formal notice has been given of the election of a County Councillor for the "Uttoxeter Rural" ward on Thursday 5th May
1. An election is to be held for County Councillor for the said area(s).
2. Nomination papers may be
obtained, during normal office hours, from the Deputy County Returning Officer at the address shown below.
Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Deputy County Returning Officer at the offices of East
Staffordshire Borough Council at the address shown below, on any day after the date of this notice, during normal office
hours but no later than 4pm on 4 April 2017.
4. If the election is contested, the poll will take place on 4 May
2017 between the hours of 07:00 and 22:00.
5. Electors should take note that the deadline for new applications
to vote by post or to change existing postal or proxy
arrangements e.g. cancellation or re-direction etc. must reach
the Electoral Registration Officer at the address shown
below by 5pm on 18 April 2017 if they are to be effective for
6. New applications to vote by proxy must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer by
5pm on 25 April 2017.
7. The deadline for new applications to be received by the Electoral Registration Officer to
vote by proxy on grounds of a medical
or work related emergency is not later than 5pm on 4 May 2017.
notice can be read here - Notice of County Council Election - May 2017