Beyond The Goats Head public house is Church House. Originally a family dwelling, Church House is now used by the church and other local organisations having been substantially restored in the 1960s.
No trace remains of the pre-1600 predecessor (other than possibly the floor plan of a two-bay hall and service bay parallel to Bagot Street). The date 1619 in the door lintel could mark the re-building of the medieval open-roofed hall as a two-storey building with enclosed fire-place backing onto the screens passage. The wing fronting Church Lane could date from 1659 (date on panelling door by kitchen). The gable built on Bagot Street could be from the same date. (From Church House, Bromley by F.W.B.Charles.)
In regular daily use, Church House serves as a useful focal point for many village and Church activities including the Produce Guild, Womens Institute and play groups.
In September of each year, Church House forms an attractive backdrop for the Horn Dancers.