Did you know that your news could be included on this page? If you are part of a club or group based in Abbots Bromley and you have something to shout about, email the details to our webmaster.
You can also view archived news items
Members of the public are welcome to attend a meeting of the Parish Council at the Village Hall on Wednesday 26 April 2017
1. Apologies for absence
2. Public session
3. Declarations of Interests
4. Minutes of Previous Meetings
5. Matters of report
7. Financial Matters
8. Group Reports
9. Correspondence, bulletins & reports
11. Jubilee Cup
12. Parish Assembly
13. Agenda items for the next meeting
14. Date and time of next meeting
Wednesday, 31st May 2017 7.00pm Memorial Room, Village Hall
The full meeting notice and draft minutes of the last meeting are available on these pages
Sunday 23 April 9am - 11am and 'Weekly Tidy Up' on Wednesday evenings starting 3 May, 6.30pm -7.30pm
For both events meet at the Buttercross.
Every one, no matter their age, can get involved (children must be supervised).
With other volunteers, help with litter picking, cleaning benches, weed removal, the sweeping up of leaf litter and debris and the removal of branches from paths and grassy areas.
If you have any tools to help us such as trowel, brush, bucket etc. please bring them along.
Formal notice has been given of the election of a County Councillor for the "Uttoxeter Rural" ward on Thursday 5th May 2017
1. An election is to be held for County Councillor for the said area(s).
2. Nomination papers may be obtained, during normal office hours, from the Deputy County Returning Officer at the address shown below.
3. Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Deputy County Returning Officer at the offices of East Staffordshire Borough Council at the address shown below, on any day after the date of this notice, during normal office hours but no later than 4pm on 4 April 2017. 4. If the election is contested, the poll will take place on 4 May 2017 between the hours of 07:00 and 22:00.
5. Electors should take note that the deadline for new applications to vote by post or to change existing postal or proxy arrangements e.g. cancellation or re-direction etc. must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address shown below by 5pm on 18 April 2017 if they are to be effective for this election.
6. New applications to vote by proxy must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on 25 April 2017. 7. The deadline for new applications to be received by the Electoral Registration Officer to vote by proxy on grounds of a medical or work related emergency is not later than 5pm on 4 May 2017.
The full notice can be read here - Notice of County Council Election - May 2017 (48.4 Kb).